A revolutionary procedure called targeted radiofrequency ablation (t-RFA) is providing patients fast pain relief from metastatic spinal tumors. Unlike other systems available today, the STAR™ system was developed specifically for the palliative treatment of metastatic vertebral body lesions. Accessing the tumor may be done with only local anesthesia and a small incision. The entire procedure may take less than 60 minutes to complete. Because t-RFA does not use radiation to destroy tumor cells, patients may continue to receive chemotherapy treatment for their primary cancer. t-RFA may also provide a treatment option for patients who have already reached their maximum radiation dosage or have radiation-resistant tumors. Dr. Ramos is Trained and Certified in Spinal Tumor Ablation, utilizing the STAR™ Procedure and is now accepting patients.
Benefits of TRFA for Metastatic Spinal Tumors
- Rapid and Lasting palliative pain relief
- Minimally Invasive and often performed in an outpatient setting
- Single Procedure that does not interrupt chemotherapy or other systemic treatments
- Maintains Options for any future treatments
- Safe Alternative for patients at their radiation dose limit or with radio-resistant tumors